Spring has sprung and summer is on its way I am looking to add some products to the Miskin Organics limited edition collection.
I plan to grow the Miskin Organics collection with your skin care needs. I have many product ideas and innovative ingredients that I am excited to try. I plan to start new products as limited editions where I will rely on your feedback and preferences.
Hydrosols- hydrating treatments for the skin
As summer is on its way here in Australia I thought Hydrosols the perfect choice. Hydrosols also known as floral waters, hydroflorates, flower waters or distillates are products from steam distilling plant materials. Hydrosols contain the “lifeblood” of the plant, they are like essential oils but in far less of a concentration.
Hydrosols can be produced from the by-product of the essential oil manufacturing process or created by artisans whom purposely steam petite batches of fresh flower and plant materials in copper or stainless steel stills for the sole purpose of yielding excellent and beneficial hydrosols.
Be careful when selecting hydrosols as some companies sell water and essential oils mixed together, these are not true hydrosols.
Organic hydrosol have many skin benefits and can be used as toners, facial primers, or a facial mist to hydrate, dry skin, balance oily skin and help with mature skin types. The most well known hydrosols are lavender and rose.
A list below shows some of the hydrosols available and their attributes
Organic Cucumber Hydrosol:
Steam distilled from whole fruit. A refreshing, cooling, crisp aroma cucumbers are well known for their soothing, healing, and anti-inflammatory effects on the skin.
- Cooling and toning for the skin
- Perfect as a summer body splash
- Aroma spray
- Known for its anti-inflammatory and soothing effect on the skin
- Reduces oiliness and refines skin pores
Organic Chamomile Hydrosol :
Is best known for its ability to calm and ease the overly anxious, it has a true floral scent which imparts itself heavily when used as a general spray.
- Sooth dry, flaky, itchy skin, acne, eczema.
- Gentle and relaxing anti-inflammatory
- Roman Chamomile water has been especially recommended for skincare for delicate complexions with allergic tendencies.
- A mild astringent, it is an excellent skin toner, should not be used over the long term for very dry skin.
- It's astringency would benefit oily or inflamed skin.
Wild Carrot Seed Hydrosol:
Is excellent for all skin types, but is especially recommended for sensitive skin or mature skin, just as Carrot Seed essential oil is one of the most recommended treatments for mature skin. Wild Carrot Seed Hydrosol has a mild, earthy, carrot scent.
- Soothes inflammation, and promotes the growth of healthy new skin cells.
- Some sources report reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
- Highly recommended for treating mature and wrinkled skin.
Carrot Seed Hydrosol is also reputed to have cellular regenerative power.
(The Carrot seed Hydrosol is produced from a small farm who are currently in transition for USDA NOP Organic Certification.)
Organic Helichrysum Hydrosol:
Helichrysum italicum essential oil is the most powerfully anti-inflammatory essential oil, and an essential component in Rosacea and bruise blends.
- The gentler helichrysum hydrosol is the perfect toner for Rosacea, couperose (thread veins) and inflamed or irritated skin
- Helichrysum has amazing regenerative qualities.
- Studies show helichrysum has unique restorative abilities and helps with healing of scars
- The toning qualities are phenomenal and are used to gently firm and tighten loose skin.
Apple Hydrosol: Is lightly aromatic with a crisp, fresh apple scent.
- Its gently astringent and toning qualities are excellent for both skin care and hair care.
- Apple Hydrosol is recommended for all skin types, but is especially useful for oily skin.
The Apple Hydrosol is produced from a small farm who are currently in transition for USDA NOP Organic Certification.
Organic Lime Hydrosol :
A crisp and refreshing, distilled from whole organic limes. It has been traditionally used for problems with oily skin and minor skin blemishes. Use it as a rejuvenating facial toner or aroma spray
- Lime hydrosol stimulates skin circulation and promotes pH balancing for alkaline skin types further tightening the outer epidermis.
- Fresh, festive and invigorating
- Very refreshing
- Use as an energizer for those late afternoon slumps.
- Stimulates skin circulation.
- Use as a refreshing room spray!
Organic Rose Damasaca:
One of my favorites! It is a wonderful toner for all skin types. It's sometimes known as rosewater, rose water or rose floral water This is an aphrodisiac with embedded roots dating back thousands of years.
- Makes a practical and suitable body splash
- Anti-anxiety spray
- Room freshener
- Improve blood flow and revitalises your skin
- Hydrates dry skin and balances oily skin
- Helps tighten the appearance of pores and balances the skin’s pH, helping you maintain an all over better complexion.
These are just a few organic hydrdols out there that can benefit the skin.
Please let me know if have you tried any of the above? Whats your favorite and how did they help your skin? Which would you like to try